Quesadilla Pie is Easy and Delicious
I have been eating quesadilla pie since I was a kid. Well, I started off hating it on principle (it had green things in it!) but it didn’t take long to finally start to enjoy it. It was my parent’s go-to pot luck dish because it is easy and quick to make and is easy to slice up and serve to a crowd. It’s also really simple to scale the recipe up or down for larger or smaller batches. It’s actually based on an old Bisquick recipe, though I’ve modified the ingredients some. You can easily make it with or without a crust as well. So, when I got this amazing 9.5″ quiche pan with a removable bottom, I had to try and make it again.
This 9.5″ Loose Bottom Quiche Pan by ChefMade is thick, high-quality, and made making this dish even easier. Which I didn’t know was possible. It is truly non-stick and the Quesadilla pie slid right out and off of it. I also picked up a couple of pie crusts as well and will try making a pie in it next! It is a shallow pan, though, which made it perfect for the Quesadilla Pie, which is, in fact, a crustless quiche.
- 9.5" Loose Bottom Quiche Pan
- Measuring Cups : 2 Cup, 1 Cup, 1/2 Cup
- Measuring Spoons: Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Half-Teaspoon.
- Can Opener
- Mixing Bowl
- Whisk or Hand Mixer
- 1 7 oz Can Green Chilies
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Bisquick
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Cumin
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cilantro
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease pan if needed.
- 2. Mix and spread chilies and cheese around the whole bottom of the pan.
- 3. Whisk or beat the Bisquick, eggs, milk, and spices until smooth. The Bisquick has a tendency to lump up, and it leaves dry icky chunks in the final product, so mix it well!
- 4. Pour the mixture into the plate evenly.
- 5. With this shallow pan, it was perfectly cooked at 20 minutes. If you pour a thicker layer, it might need 30 minutes or longer.
- 6. Let cool for 15 minutes. Remove the Quesadilla Pie from the pan edged by lifting the bottom out.
This recipe turned out amazing in this pan. It was perfect and it was so easy to make and quick to cook. I used to make it in a deeper dish and it took forever to cook all the way through. This pan made it SO much better. I like to top it with some salsa, though it tastes great on its own as well. My 3-year-old loves this dish and can easily eat 2 slices on her own!
Be sure to check out my product reviews HERE!